Start Point Law Limited
SRA number 635192
We aim to provide an efficient professional legal service to all clients, however, from time to time we recognise that something may go wrong.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service please let us know so that we can do our best to listen to your concerns, investigate and offer our considered response. We will wherever possible try to reach an amicable solution with you as quickly as possible.
Formal Complaint Procedure
If the solicitor acting for you has not been able to deal with your concerns to your satisfaction, please contact our nominated complaints Director.
Start Point Law Ltd
57 Fore Street
As soon as we are aware of your complaint we will do the following:
1) We will aim to contact you within 3 working days to discuss your concerns and obtain any additional details to enable us to investigate fully. If for any reason we are unable to contact you by telephone we will contact you by letter or email.
2) We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
3) Once we have obtained full details of the complaint we will investigate it by reviewing your file. We will write to you with a detailed response to your complaint. We will use our best endeavours to conclude the investigations and provide our detailed response within 10 working days.
4) We will invite you to a meeting or to have a telephone conversation to discuss our response, and to try to agree a solution with you.
5) If you are not satisfied with our response or it is not possible to reach an agreed solution you can ask us to review our decision at this stage. A review would be conducted by our local law society to review your complaint, or invite you to agree to a mediation with an independent third party.
6) Whilst we hope that we will be able to resolve your complaint satisfactorily if at any stage you are dissatisfied with the progress of the complaints procedure, or the outcome, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to become involved. Please be aware that you must notify the Legal Ombudsman of your complaint within six months of your last contact with us.
PO Box 6806
Tel: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00am and 5.00pm.